Assignment uploads - losing feedback after 2nd upload

Jump to solution
dwolfe1500
Community Novice

We're running into this issue and I'm wondering if anyone else had seen it:

When the student uploads one document for an assignment and the instructor provides feedback, if the student uploads an additional document to that assignment, the student then cannot see the first uploaded document and therefore the feedback. In the meantime, we are asking them to upload everything at once instead of multiple uploads.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @dwolfe1500 …

What you describe is exactly how Canvas assignments function within a course.  By design, instructors are always able to see all past and current submissions from a student for a given assignment via the SpeedGrader.  Everything is time/date stamped for the instructor. But, for students, they are only able to see the most recent submission.  (However, I have recently learned that students should be able to see past submissions via the Canvas Student app.). There is a possible solution for you, though.  I’m not sure if your school’s local Canvas administrators have looked into this at all, but there is something called “Assignment Enhancements” that can be turned on.  This changes the student view of assignment submissions a bit, and it also allow them to see past submissions for a given assignment.  You might want to have a conversation with your school’s Canvas admin to see if they have any plans to turn this on for you and your fellow colleagues in your Canvas environment.

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this…thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes