Assignments are weighted when I do not want them to be.

Jump to solution
IngerThompson
Community Member

I do not want my grades weighted, but it will not allow any other option.  When I go into the assignment category to show I do not want it weighted, there is no way to delete it.  I have never had this happen before.  I tried reimporting the course (and ruining all my previous work) and this did not make a difference.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
IngerThompson
Community Member
Author

I finally was able to get it so that the grades were not weighted.  I had to delete every assignment group except for one, then it would let me change to unweighted grades.  Then I needed to reimport the course.

View solution in original post

@IngerThompson ...

Although I'm glad to read that you got this resolved on your end, you shouldn't have to delete every assignment group except one just to get rid of the weighted groups in your course.  The easiest way to remove weighted groups in your course is to go to your "Assignments" page in your course and then click on the three-dot kebab icon just to the right of the + Assignment button.  Then, select Assignment Groups Weight.  There is a checkbox that appears in a pop-up window where you can enable or disable weighted groups in your course.  If weighting is already turned on...you can also edit the weight percentages by clicking on the three-dot kebab icon to the far right of the assignment group name.  Then, click Edit.  You will see an area to change the percentage.  But, if you do not have weighted groups enabled, you will not see an area to update the percentage in a given assignment group.

This Guide gives the best option to configure all your group weights:

How do I weight the final course grade based on as... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes