Asynchronous attendance

jfuller2
Community Novice

We are required to develop an attendance plan for our district to submit to the state for approval. Using the asynchronous method, how can we account for attendance for our students in a lagging system (we will have from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM for our students to engage in an activity to be present and the following day to mark students absent or present).  More specifically, if I have a student who logs in at 11:30 PM on September 12th, and logs out at 1:30 AM September 13th, are they present for September 12th or September 13th?  Does the engaging activity begin at 11:30 PM or end at 1:30 AM?  In another instance, if I have a student that logs in at 10:30 PM on September 12th, does a few problems and logs out at 11:30 PM to take a break.  He logs back in at 1:00 AM and finishes at 2:00 AM on the 13th.  My teacher runs the new analytics report when she gets in on the 13th.  Is the last participation field going to show the activity from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM on the 13th?  I need for the teacher, in order for attendance sake, to be able to show participation on the 12th.  Is there a way to do this without having the teacher to go back and search the daily/weekly activity.  I am trying to eliminate any attendance errors I can.