Auto add an existing Rubric to all discussions

Jump to solution
dlucas1
Community Novice

Is there a way to auto-add an existing rubric to all discussions in all courses, versus adding one at a time to each week's discussion.

I have a discussion forum rubric that I would like to automatically add to the weekly discussions of new courses.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @dlucas1 ...

Here's a bit of a work-around that might work for you...  Create a discussion topic that you'll essentially use as a "template".  If you have any directions that will be universal for all discussion topics, you can include that information in this topic so that you're not having to re-type those directions all the time.  Make sure to make the discussion topic graded so that you can attach your discussion rubric to it.  And, make sure that you configure any other settings for this "template" that you'd want for all other topics in the course.  Then, once you have all of this done, you can use the "duplicate" function to make a copy of the "template" and then change the title and content of the duplicate.  The attached rubric should be there...so you don't have to re-attach it again to the new topic.  I just tried this in my own sandbox course, and it worked perfectly.

How do I duplicate a discussion in a course?

Do you think this might work for your needs?  Keep us posted...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes