Blueprint for Graduate School?

Jump to solution
jasmiene_doming
Community Participant

Hi I'm interested to know other school's best practices on using Canvas for Graduate School level.  Is anyone using Blueprint to show standard/template when populating Canvas content? If so, how was your experience?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jasmiene_doming We have a professional school with some template content for all courses in their sub-account. They used to use a new blueprint course each term associated to all of their courses via SIS Import. But since Template Courses were released, using them is a better process to populate standard content into each course created in their sub-account. Now Canvas automatically copies their template content into new courses at the time they are created. It is easy for them to modify the template for future courses without affecting existing courses, because there is no repeated sync. This is what I would recommend for template that is standard for all courses in an account.

How do I enable a course as a course template?

How do I select a course template in an account?  

View solution in original post

JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

We utilize blueprint courses to manage content for nearly all of our courses.  We perform a bulk association and content load with the blueprint sync after we begin loading the upcoming term's courses into Canvas.  Courses typically remain associated with the blueprint course until close to when students are to get access to the courses.  This allows last minute updates to be synced to courses if needed before students get access.  The blueprint associations are removed before students get access to avoid potential accidents with performing a sync and modifying content while students are taking the course.

View solution in original post