Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Does changing a file name mean I have to go back to the page or assignment and reattach the file (whether it be an image, video, or pdf)? What about if I don't change the file name but move it to another folder within the Files section inside the sam...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking for a survey to evaluate the strengths / weaknesses on our Online Program - both Student and Faculty Satisfaction - not at the course level but at the program level.  Any guidance?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to limit group sign ups or calander sign ups to a section

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Asking for our Box admins as to the exact requirements and setup/config on the Box side to enable this in Canvas (either as an LTI or through EduAppCenter). The docs I've found have been a bit "light" on this info. Thanks.

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. Canvas support the LTI 1.3 proctoring service? https://www.imsglobal.org/proctoring-services Thanks

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having a huge problem with some exercise submissions by students. The wrong student submissions are coming up under other students names. What can I do?  I really need to talk to a human being who can go into my Canvas pages and see what's going ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The process for limiting a user to only see their own section, is manual and at the individual level. Is there a way to set this as the default at the course or account level? Our institution would like this to be the default for internal sections of...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student has not completed all the marking period (within a term of all) how can I put in an incomplete? This would not be the final grade only a marking period within the term.   Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is SIS ID? When creating user accounts, does it function as a password?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good day, I am a student using Safari browser in my iPhone 6+ with iOs 12.  My teacher accused me of cheating and sent me screenshots of my quiz log showing I left the tab a lot of times, but most of it are for only 1 to 2 seconds. I know I did not l...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to run the Course Activity Report (New Analytics> Reports > Course Activity) I get a pop with the message: Warning: Size Exceeded Maximum Number of Rows This report contains 77303 rows, which exceeds the maximum supported number. Filtering...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to annotate on student submissions that are .docx files and noT PDF? I cant use the speedgrader on my ipad. It's blank. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

im  trying to this for my kids  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using Speedgrader, you can look at the individual students in a drop-down menu in the upper right corner.  This menu includes a symbol to tell you if a student's assignment has been graded or not.  However, I use assignments that have both machi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I export grades it automatically coverts to a wordpad.  How do convert or change option to excell view?   Thank you for your assisitance. LR Atkinson

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any chance of adding an option to have different versions of the same test under one 'quiz'? For example, if I am giving a unit 1 test, there would be an "A" version and "B" version of the test. Then I could assign each student in the class ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When turning in my assignment from a third party app, the assignment never actually got through and canvas didn't tell me. I checked the day after and it was late and unsubmitted. My question is, when you turn in an assignment from a third party app ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have used "SpeedGrader" to grade quizzes.  I have clicked the bottom "update" button on each quiz as I finish grading it to update the scores. And still, despite each quiz having a non-zero score associated with it, the gradebook shows all zeroes. ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had a quiz where I went back and manually added some additional points to a question where the quiz program would not offer partial credit (multiple answer type questions). It shows me their final score while I am in Speedgrader, but when I go to t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas is understandable.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We use REST api for Canvas to create courses. We found recently this thread which mentions the participation setting is needed. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Add-Participation-field-to-Courses-API/idc-p/467939/highlight/true#M...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I have an External URL (e.g. video located on my Google Drive) within the Modules section of my Canvas course, is there a way to see which students have clicked on this link and viewed the video?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a student and I'm trying to get the exact time events from the calendar start. I have managed to get a list of events on any given day, however I need that exact time of the events as well. Is there any way to do this? (I'm talking about events, ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having a problem with the student annotation tool. I set the due date for the assignment, but do not have a date for the assignment to close; however, students that do not submit the assignment on time are no longer able to access the document d...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the last 2 weeks, I have had 3 different assignments that have not synced to PowerSchool. The other assignments did. I have changed the assignment type, dates, and turned off the sync portion, saved, and then clicked to sync to the grade book. I a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy. I am a grader for a course. I encountered this problem while creating homework. If I use a question that originated from an exam in a previous semester, the images of the question will still be linked to the previous course. Since students do ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After a default template is created and courses are loaded, how do you remove the template from a course? We tried resetting the course however the template was included with the new course.  Any ideas? thanks so much ahead of time!      

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was looking for how to remove someone on Canvas page. I was looking up guides but it seems that we don't have the options to remove a user or even look at more details on their profile like activity or other analytics.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Psychology and I want to give one half of my class one scenario to consider, and the other half a slightly different variation of the same scenario to consider. The key is, I don't want students in one group to see what the students in the ot...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies