Bulk downloading Google Docs Cloud Assignment student submissions?

Jump to solution
RyanPatridge
Community Member

This instructor guide seems to indicate that Google Docs student submissions are bulk downloadable, but when I look for that option for any canvas assignment where I used the Google Docs Cloud Assignments external tool, a "Download Submissions" option doesn't appear, either in the gradebook assignment menu or under the "Speedgrader" link on the right, on the assignment page.

Does anyone know of a way to bulk-download student submissions made using the Google Docs Cloud Assignments external tool?  The only way I've found to access the submitted assignments at all seems to be through Speedgrader.  (they don't appear at assignments.google.com, I haven't found them yet elsewhere on Google), and The only way I've found to download them is by clicking the download icon on each individual assignment page to download an annotated PDF (shown in the attached screenshot).

I'm trying to streamline my workflow and this limitation (?) puts a significant kink in things.  If there's no way to bulk download this sort of submitted assignment, can anyone suggest a better, similar alternative, hopefully one that uses Google Docs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

The download all submissions mentioned by @jcarpenter1 is not an option for the Google Docs Cloud Assignment because it is an external tool. However, in your Google Drive there should be an Assignments folder with a subfolder for each class where you have created an assignment with links to your students' submissions. You can then bulk download those submissions from Google Drive.

View solution in original post

0 Likes