cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lms09130
Community Participant

Is it possible to remove or hide the "next" and "previous" buttons from some pages?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @lms09130  Thank You for posting your question.  There is nothing on the front-end of Canvas that would let you as an instructor (or a Canvas administrator, for that matter) hide the "Previous" and "Next" buttons in a course.  However, a school's local Canvas administrator could use custom CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to hide those buttons at the account level via the custom global CSS file.  Doing this, though, hides the buttons from every single course in your school's Canvas environment.  So, while it may be your preference to hide those buttons in your course, you may have a colleague who wants those buttons visible at all times.  Here is a previous question I found that would help with the CSS code: Hide the 'Next' and 'Previous buttons.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Lynn.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @lms09130  Thank You for posting your question.  There is nothing on the front-end of Canvas that would let you as an instructor (or a Canvas administrator, for that matter) hide the "Previous" and "Next" buttons in a course.  However, a school's local Canvas administrator could use custom CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to hide those buttons at the account level via the custom global CSS file.  Doing this, though, hides the buttons from every single course in your school's Canvas environment.  So, while it may be your preference to hide those buttons in your course, you may have a colleague who wants those buttons visible at all times.  Here is a previous question I found that would help with the CSS code: Hide the 'Next' and 'Previous buttons.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Lynn.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos