Can I create a three pronged assignment?

Jump to solution
amanda_dynan
Community Novice

Students have three tasks and I would like them to upload a file, a media file and a submit text entry all for one assignment. Is this possible?

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Amanda,

They can't do all of that on one submission.  If you allow all three of those upload options they will see a tab for each, but if they add each it only submits whatever tab they have open when they submit.

But, this can be done by simply asking the students to submit the assignment 3 times.  After the first submission the button will say Re-submit and they can submit the other two items.  In Speedgrader you'll see whatever they submitted last by default, but there will be a dropdown in the upper right corner which will let you select each of the submissions to view.

But, while this is possible I might suggest considering creating 3 separate assignments; one for each file type.  While you will be able to see each submission when they resubmit, students will only be able to see the last thing they submitted.  Depending on the type of feedback you want to provide it might be better to have them separate.  It just kind of depends on your workflow with the particular assignment. 

One last thought ..... students can submit two files in one submission.  So how about instead of allow text entry have them do that part as a document as well.  So on first submission they submit 2 files; one that  you mentioned above and another that is a file with the text option you wanted.  Then on the 2nd submission they do their media????  Just an idea.  

Rick

View solution in original post