cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig_milgrim
Community Participant

Can I hide the Course Summary on Syllabus Page

Jump to solution

On the syllabus page, in addition to my link to the course syllabus, is a Course Summary.  Is it possible to hide this information?   I am using Canvas for a on-site class.  Most of the items in my grades are Exams, Tests, and other hard copy assignments.  This summary appears to be a list of the dates and times (?) that I posted some grades.  (see screen grab attachment).  It will definitely confuse my students.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

Unless mandated that it be there by your school, the easiest fix may be to hide the Syllabus navigation tab and provide a link to the syllabus from a module or the course front page, depending on which one you use for the course home.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
James
Community Champion

Unless mandated that it be there by your school, the easiest fix may be to hide the Syllabus navigation tab and provide a link to the syllabus from a module or the course front page, depending on which one you use for the course home.

View solution in original post

d8c605a9d7f7d6d
Community Participant

I agree with James, this would probably be the easiest way to hide the "Course Summary". You could disable the Syllabus Tab by going into your Settings, then Navigation and click on the Gear Icon next to Syllabus. The only thing that stinks is that I do not believe you can add a customized navigation tab, which would be cool.  

Disabling Syllabus

Thank you all for your input. That was my solution as well but was hoping to use the Syllabus navigation tab to make it easier and quicker for students to find my syllabus

Craig

Craig:

Have you considered simply putting a link to whatever content page you move your syllabus to on your Home page. Easy to do using the Content Selector if you are using a page you have designed yourself as the Home page. See https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12777-415241442 

rswengel
Community Contributor

I would like to have control of what appears in the course summary and when.

In preparing for the second semester today, I copied last year's course and UNpublished all of the assignments.  Every assignment STILL appears in the course summary.  This is distracting to my students and annoying for me. I really want a fix for this.

Do the unpublished assignments show up in "Student View"? I don't think that is suppssed to happen.

cjudge
Community Participant

What if your home page redirects to your syllabus page?

linda_flores
Community Participant

I need to have one page public with basic information about the course, but I don't want the summary with all the asignments to show on that page. How can I solve that? 

linda_flores
Community Participant

But if the school madates you to have one public page with basic information but you don't want the summary to be on that page?