cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AundreaDunbar
Community Member

Can a professional please help me I am 55 and need help with this chaos!

I am ready to cry this makes no sense to me I have used Blackboard for 3 years I am ready to quit, What is this nonsense please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @AundreaDunbar ...

You've come to the right place to get help with setting up your Canvas course(s).  That's what the Canvas Community is for.  We may need some more detail from you, though.  Are there certain parts of Canvas that you are having troubles with?  For example, do you need to know more about Modules, Assignments, Pages, Discussion topics, the Gradebook, all of the above?  If you could provide some additional details, that would really be helpful.  Just keep in mind that we wouldn't be able to access your school's Canvas environment or your course(s), but we can at least give some general tips and tricks to get you started.  Also, I would like to direct your attention to:

Set Up Your Canvas Course in 30 minutes or Less - Instructure Community

...as I think this would be well worth your time to view.

There are other great tutorials I've seen and heard about from people here in the Community.  One name that comes to mind is Ashlee Espinosa on YouTube.  She has a fantastic set of Canvas tutorials that are very thorough, and she does a great job of walking you through all sorts of topics about Canvas...including how to set up a course for the first time.  I would highly recommend checking out her 30+ videos in this YouTube Playlist.

As stated above, we are here to help answer your questions about Canvas, so please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.  Thanks!  Hope to hear back from you soon!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello again, @AundreaDunbar ...

One additional resource for you which I neglected to mention earlier is Panda Pros.  You can read more about this program here: Panda Pros | Instructure.  These sessions are available for the rest of August and the month of September.

I am a student and I clicked on my class and nothing happened. What should I do next?

Hello there, @AundreaDunbar ...

My apologies for assuming that you were an instructor.  It's a little difficult to tell here in the Community if someone is an instructor, a student, a parent, a Canvas administrator, etc.  Since the vast majority of Canvas Community members do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or the course(s) you are taking, it is a little difficult to help troubleshoot this with you.  I'm not sure what you mean by "nothing happened".  I think I would highly recommend reaching out to your instructor directly if you have questions about getting started in the course(s) you are taking...as he/she would be able to provide specifics that we cannot answer here in the Community.  You can contact your instructor by reviewing the information in this Guide:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student? - Instructure Community

Also, if you are unable to reach out to your instructor, you may want to reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning department.  They may have some resources for you on how to get started.  I found this page on your school's website that might be of help: Online Learning | University of Rio Grande & Rio Grande Community College

Finally, you might want to take a look at these videos...as they are geared towards students: Getting Started with Canvas as a Student - Instructure Community.

I hope this additional information will be helpful to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!