Can't see the user images I've uploaded for other courses...??

Jump to solution
barrdodds_judy
Community Explorer

I have uploaded a zillion images for my courses, and want to use them in other courses, but can't see them in the 'user images' section of 'Insert image'.. I can still see images from two years ago but not the ones I"ve just uploaded. Any hints? I have to keep searching for new images bc I delete them off the handy desktop.  

Thx

@userimages

0 Likes
2 Solutions
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI Judy,

I believe "User images" are not all the images you've ever uploaded in any class.  They are the images under the "My Files" area of your Profile > Files folder.  

Canvas does its best to ensure that you don't link from one course to files that are stored in another course, because those files are (usually) not accessible to students who are not in the course where the files are stored.

View solution in original post

That's strange, because I can see, in every course I have this year, all the images from courses I created LAST YEAR. I can see them in every course, THIS YEAR 

**** FIXED IT *****  

by going to the 'Account' page, and uploading directly to my 'files' I can see them everywhere!  🙂  Thanks for the help, all! Appreciate it!

View solution in original post