Can't upload documents that aren't Google

Jump to solution
TaylorHubbard
Community Novice

For the last two or three weeks, when I try to upload any Microsoft Word document, or PowerPoint, or pdf for my AP Environmental Science class, I get the following message: "Something went wrong, check your connection and try again." I have to convert everything to a Google file and provide the link to make it available to students.

This only occurs with the APES classes, not with my other classes. The problem occurred earlier this semester for a few weeks; then disappeared; but has now reappeared.

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @TaylorHubbard 

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with uploading documents to your assignments. It could be a number of things, but likely an issue with your browser or network. First, you should clear your cache and cookies and/or try another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

Additionally, your teacher could have the file types restricted. Some teachers only allow a certain type but you should get an error saying that it was restricted. To look into this further, we would need specifics.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post