Can uploading an SIS import in my Test Canvas environment affect anything data in production Canvas?

ElenaB123
Community Member

In my production Canvas, I have a term and a course belonging to that term. I need to upload an SIS import for users and enrollments. I want to make sure the SIS import I upload does not affect any other parts of my production Canvas. I have a couple of questions: 

1. If I upload an SIS import in my test Canvas environment (..test.instructure.com), is it able to affect any of my production data? (if I upload a users.csv, will the new users I import even show in my production Canvas?)
  2. If production Canvas, I upload a users.csv as a "full batch update" and I select the term my course is in (this is the only course in that term) does it have the ability to affect other users that have already been uploaded via SIS import who are not in that term?  For additional context, we have a sync that runs multiple times throughout the day that syncs our Users from Salesforce into Canvas using SIS imports in diffing mode - these users won't go through that sync, but I do need to add them in and I don't to accidentally delete other users

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Labels (3)
0 Likes