Can you Please Allow Inbox Disabling or Auto-reply

Jump to solution
holmesm1
Community Explorer

We are forced to use Canvas at our school. Canvas has an inbox through which students can contact us. I d not like this as it adds another inbox I must check. I can forward the messages to my inbox but replyinf to those often gets an error message at which point I must log in to Canvas and type up the same reply to the student I just tried to send...more work. I have asked my IT people and they say it's a Canvas bug. I cannot figure out who our CSM is to speak with directly. 

Can you please get me in contact with the person that might be able to make this feature accessible at my institution (American River College, Los Rios Community College District)?

Thank you,
Mike Holmes

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @holmesm1 ...

I believe there is a way to it disable the Canvas "Inbox", but it *may* disable it for all instructors at your school...not just you.  So, this would be a larger decision that would have to be made at your school whether or not everyone would want to use it or not.  You may have colleagues that like to use the Canvas "Inbox" and would not want it to go away.  I believe your Canvas administrator(s) would have to talk with their assigned Customer Success Manager team at Instructure about this.

Not sure if this is completely helpful, but hopefully you will be able to have some additional conversations with folks at your school.

View solution in original post