cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanQuallen
Community Member

Cancel Button Still Creates Quiz

Jump to solution

This is in old quizzes..  no idea about New Quizzes. When a user cancels the creation of a quiz, it still creates one. This behavior is not seen with assignments or modules or discussions.

I do note that the +Quiz button does enter a title (Unnamed Quiz) whereas the other + item buttons do not. Perhaps this is part of the issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Good day @SeanQuallen 

I was able to test this and was also able to replicate with Classic quizzes.. I wanted to add that It looks like it does not do this behavior with New Quizzes. New Quizzes will use an LTI to set itself up. As long as you don't access the build screen, hitting cancel seems to not save it as an unnamed Quiz.

I also think that this might be part of the design for the Classic Quizzes engine.. Support might be able to get you a solid answer on why it does this.

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's an interesting observation, @SeanQuallen.  I was able to replicate what you describe.  I have both Classic Quizzes and New Quizzes enabled in my own sandbox course.  From the "Quizzes" index page, I clicked on the button to create a new quiz, and then I selected the Classic Quiz option.  Then, when I saw the screen to configure the settings of the quiz, I pressed the "Cancel" button, and that quiz was listed on my "Quizzes" index page.  I'm not sure if this is "by design" or not, but you could certainly report this to the Canvas Help Desk staff in case they would need/want to look at that behavior more.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  Please report back if you end up contacting them...thanks!

0 Kudos
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Good day @SeanQuallen 

I was able to test this and was also able to replicate with Classic quizzes.. I wanted to add that It looks like it does not do this behavior with New Quizzes. New Quizzes will use an LTI to set itself up. As long as you don't access the build screen, hitting cancel seems to not save it as an unnamed Quiz.

I also think that this might be part of the design for the Classic Quizzes engine.. Support might be able to get you a solid answer on why it does this.

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton