cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbuchner
Community Contributor

Canvas Activity Log: What Does Answered Mean?

Looking at  student activity log, if every time I see answered question, does that mean a complete answer? Or could it mean an answer was attempted, then edited?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @jbuchner ...

I found the following Guide which may be of help to you:

How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Canvas Community

Scroll about half-way down to the section called "View Action Log Statuses".  There's a screen shot with four items and description of each...one of which is for "Answered question".  Hopefully this will help to answer your question.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

jbuchner
Community Contributor

Thanks. so, it could mean the student started an answer, navigates away from the question. It does not imply, and should not be interpreted as "completed".

@jbuchner ...

Good point.  If you feel that the Guide I shared with you is in need of clarification, I would recommend that you use the "share your feedback" link (just below the red "Ask a Question" and "View Related Guides" buttons) found at the bottom of the Guide to see if the Documentation Team would be able to add any clarifying language to that document.  They are always open to suggestions to make things more clear for people, so you might want to give that a try.