Canvas Calendar Sync - Customize?

Jump to solution
ShannonNelson
Community Novice

Is there a way to control which Canvas courses are synced when a student subscribes to the Canvas calendar? I am supporting our Tutors, who have previously subscribed to their course calendars (2nd year courses). However, they also need access to the first year courses so that they can support those students. The problem is that their calendar feed now contains events and assignments from ALL of these Canvas calendars. They wish to only have access to the course on Canvas, not have every course session and detail populate and obscure their own calendars. Is there a way to fix this issue and customize the course calendars that are synced when you subscribe? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @ShannonNelson -

Currently, this is not available in Canvas LMS.  There was an idea submitted in 2016 that had a pretty notable following. There are some helpful comments in the thread that include workarounds, but it's not always a solution for all users.

Select which courses go in Calendar Feed

Unfortunately, when the Product Team reviewed all Idea Conversations a year ago, it was not moved to the new Ideas & Themes space. However, you are welcome to resubmit the idea in Ideas & Themes. The Product Team will review it again and see if it aligns with a new theme.

How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Community? 

How do I create a new idea in the Instructure Community? 

I see you're a Community Novice, so you'll need to wait a little while before you can post that new idea. We have a wait period in place to reduce spam-like content. Thanks for your understanding as we keep the Community a welcoming place for everyone!

How do I rank up in the Instructure Community? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes