cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayser
Community Participant

Canvas Collaboration Google docs app

Hi,

I have read about the Google App LTI upgrade that is coming soonish, ~ Sept 1 or later.

I am one of the Admins for our school account. I couldn't access Collaboration at Teacher orientation for demonstrationr purposes using the Google app that was in place for this past 3 years. I read all the information, articles, and it seems that I should still be able to use the old Google app untiil the LTI upgrade is in effect. Is that right?

In an attempt to fix it, after sending 3 Canvas Helps requests with no solution offered, I deleted the Google app, followed the steps to integrate with the Google app LTI and it still won't let me authorize successfully.

Due to hacking last year, I changed my school acount on gmail completely. Is it possible that the gmail change is what is causing me to not be able to authorize the Google app? I sent a Help request on this too and have yet to hear back.

Sincerely frustrated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

We'd like to look at the case you submitted,  @kayser ; would you provide the case number for the interaction?

kayser
Community Participant

Here is the Case # 07858971

Tags (1)

Thanks for providing the case number, @kayser . This case was transferred to the field admin for your school on August 12, which is why you haven't received a direct response from Canvas Support. Our support supervisor is going to move it to a queue where it will receive direct attention from one of our agents.

In the meantime, although this is probably best handled via your 1:1 interaction with support, perhaps our members have suggestions for how they accomplish this.

kayser
Community Participant

I forgot to sign in, so I don't think my reply showed. If it did, I apologize for repeating myself here.

The only communication I received from Canvas Instructure support was an email saying, "since we haven't heard from you, we assume that the issue has been resolved." I replied to that email that it was not resolved.

I'm going to start a new ticket on Monday.

I do appreciate the effort to get me into a queue that would hopefully jumpstart this resolution, but no contact with me has taken place. My first Admin [I am the second Admin] may have received the message, but he was away on a Conference and did not indicate that he'd received any Canvas Instructure communications by email or by phone.

I'm frustrated.

Hi, @kayser , you won't need to create a new ticket; the case you referenced is still active, and your replies will keep it in that status until it has been resolved. I see that the ticket has been escalated, so please continue to request updates directly in the case interaction. Thanks!

kayser
Community Participant

Stefanie, thank you for helping me understand the process. 🙂