Canvas and XP

Jump to solution
rps15b
Community Novice

Hi,

Canvas will no longer load my classes in Windows XP.  I know XP is outdated to say the least, but it has been working flawlessly up until yesterday.  I can see where the class icon is trying to load but to no avail.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @rps15b ‌, Canvas supports the two most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox and no longer supports Internet Explorer 11, so if you're still using that old browser that might be the cause of your dashboard woes. In addition, Canvas does not support Windows XP; the oldest version of Windows that is supported is Windows 7. Please refer to What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? and Which browsers does Canvas support? for specific guidance.

If you're not using Internet Explorer 11, make sure to verify the version of the browser you are using to ensure that it meets the requirements set forth in the documentation.

And if that's not possible, your best course of action (if you're not able to use a different device) is to try to download one of the two most recent versions of Chrome.

View solution in original post

0 Likes