cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllisonBrown1
Community Member

Canvas course- How to remove term title

Jump to solution

I am having trouble removing the title of the "Term" that is shown on top of the side navigation area. When I go into Settings, it is not an editable area. 

Please help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AllisonBrown1 ,

Ah, Now I understand the situation even better!  I'd recommend contacting your school's local e-learning or IT department.  Changing the term for a course in Canvas is something most schools will restrict to administrators only.  Your local Canvas admin should be able to correct the term for you!

-Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chriscas
Community Champion

Hi @AllisonBrown1 ,

I don't think you'll generally be able to remove that field from the top of your course menu unless you're an admin and want to remove it from all courses (which we do here, because it does seem out of place there).  Our course titles and codes have term info included in them, so it's totally redundant in the menu and just leads to more scrolling for us.

If you are an admin and interested in the javascript we use to remove (hide) that field from the menu, let me know.

-Chris

bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi AllisonBrown1,

The term verbiage is based on what term the course is enrolled into in Canvas and is not something that is editable within the settings of the course. We find it useful to have the term listed there because it helps ensure we are looking at the right course when we have to look into issues or when setting up courses for the upcoming term. Is there a reason why you wish to hide the terms title?

The title has the wrong school year. I think it is there and not editable because we copied the course from another one. 

Hi @AllisonBrown1 ,

Ah, Now I understand the situation even better!  I'd recommend contacting your school's local e-learning or IT department.  Changing the term for a course in Canvas is something most schools will restrict to administrators only.  Your local Canvas admin should be able to correct the term for you!

-Chris

View solution in original post