Canvas functionality for module selection/tracking

Jump to solution
AlexUnderwood1
Community Member

Hi all,

Apologies if this is an amateur question. My university presently uses Canvas LMS for course/module management. In future, they're planning to move towards a more US system in which students from various faculties can select modules from others (i.e., an economics student can take a module in philosophy, etc.).

Essentially, they require software which can monitor student module selection over a three year undergraduate degree - registering which modules are compulsory for a given course over a three year period, notifying an administrator each year for those a student will need to take in others, and allowing them to select modules from other courses where this doesn't limit their capacity to complete core modules. 

This seems like a difficult ask, but they've asked me to find a solution, either using our existing tech or finding something else. Is it something Canvas might be adapted to do (potentially alongside an additional product?) 

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read.

Best wishes,

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AlexUnderwood1,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We hope you are doing well and that you’ve found an answer to your question!

The Community Team acknowledges that this thread does not have a proper answer. However, we are marking this post as a temporary solution to help Community Members find and respond to the newest and most active threads.

At any time, any Community member can click the “Not the Solution” option and then respond in-thread with your follow-up questions. It’s important to include @CommunityForums in that reply so we can restore the entire topic to our list of unanswered questions we check routinely.

View solution in original post