Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeatherBeatty
Community Member

Changing name of "To Do"

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! 

I have searched but can't locate the answer to this. Does anyone know if you can change the name of the "To Do" on the dashboard to something like "To Grade"? I appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Not that I know of via the API, since Canvas doesn't have custom "language packs" like Blackboard does.  The only option I can think of is something like a string substitution via Javascript, but I'm not a developer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @HeatherBeatty 

Generally speaking, there isn't really a built-in option to rename tools, links, or functions in Canvas.

Thank you for the response. Do you know if there is anyway it can be done on the backend with the API? 

0 Kudos

@HeatherBeatty ...

Something else to consider...  if you were wanting to change this, it would most likely be a universal change for all of your instructors and not a specific instructor.  So, there may be instructors at your school who don't mind the "To Do" wording.  Also, changing the "To Do" wording to something else means that if people are looking at any of the Canvas Guides here in the Community, they will be referencing "To Do" instead of whatever you choose...which may be confusing for your users...trying to find terminology that Instructure does not use in their product.

Anyway...my $0.02...for what it's worth.

mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Not that I know of via the API, since Canvas doesn't have custom "language packs" like Blackboard does.  The only option I can think of is something like a string substitution via Javascript, but I'm not a developer.