PatriciaNavarre
Community Member

Is anyone else having problems looking up chat history? We are required to look up chat and write a brief sumary when we miss chat time. Well my chat history is all messed up.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @PatriciaNavarre ...

Could you explain how your chat history appears to be messed up?  According to this Guide, How do I use Chat as a student?, "Chat history can be accessed indefinitely by loading more results and scrolling through previous course chats."  (See the last paragraph in the section "View Chat".)

Have you also considered reaching out to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  They might be able to get a better idea of what is going on with your Chat history.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Hope to hear back from you soon!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @PatriciaNavarre ...

Wow...that sounds pretty strange!  I'll admit that I've never really used the Chat feature of Canvas myself...as I was a former Canvas administrator at the college I worked for...so I didn't really get to have meaningful conversations using the Canvas Chat feature.  Have you tried using a different web browser to see if the chats display better?

What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products?

Also, you might try clearing your browser's cache/history files.  Once you do that, try closing the browser completely.  Then, re-start the browser, log back in to your Canvas course, and see if anything changed in the Chat interface.

Beyond that, if you are still seeing things out of order like you've described, I'd suggest reaching out to Canvas Support.

It would be great to hear back from you once you get this resolved.  Hopefully one of these things will help remedy the situation.  Please keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes