Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdelacy

Class Discussions Individual Class?

Jump to solution

Are class discussions going to be limited to the individual class, or are ALL my students going to be answering in the same forum? I am hoping to have the class discussions only be for individual classes. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

If they are different classes in Canvas you will need to create the discussion in each class, and there will be no interaction between students in different classes.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Joseph,

By default the discussion is available to everyone in the Canvas class site.  The way you ask the question makes it sound a little like there are multiple classes all using the same Canvas class.  If that is true and they are broken up into Sections, you can still have a discussion available to just your section by selecting it from the Post To box in the Discussion Settings.  There is NOT a way to have a discussion work between multiple Canvas courses.  

Rick

Thanks for the quick response. I am hoping to post the discussion in all of my courses separately.Can I set up the discussion so its divided by each class? Instead I worry that all 8 of my classes (140 students) will be responding to the same discussion thread. Thanks again.

0 Kudos

If they are different classes in Canvas you will need to create the discussion in each class, and there will be no interaction between students in different classes.

Rick

0 Kudos