cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willcfn_14

Class work and due dates not showing up on course calendar.

Jump to solution

My assignments aren't showing up on the course calendar. It shows the classes I have to the right hand side like normal but they are grayed out. I checked the Canvas app on my phone to see if my classes would show up there and they did. Is this a problem with Google Chrome or something else? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi again, @willcfn_14 ...

Apologies for a bit of a delay in replying.  I've been traveling to visit family.  Thanks for sharing that screen shot.  When you are in your Canvas Calendar, are you able to click on those gray boxes next to the course names on the right side of your screen?  Each course should have a unique color when you click on those boxes.  Here's my own view as an example:

Screenshot 2022-08-13 123500.jpg

This is the Guide that relates to what I've described above...which you may have already tried:

How do I filter the Calendar view by course as a s... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

If you are still unable to click on the gray boxes to enable each course color, then you may need to reach out to Canvas tech support.  You can do that via your "Help" menu on the left-hand global navigation menu in Canvas.

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Keep us posted on all of this...thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @willcfn_14 ...

When you are logged in to Canvas on your computer (not on the mobile app), what do you see when you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen?

How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Under the "Published" column for your courses in question, do they indicate they are published or not?  If the courses are published, you should be able to access the content...provided the instructor has configured the start date of the course to allow you access.  If you are able to access the course content but still aren't seeing those due dates on the course calendar, your instructor may not have set up due dates for the assignments yet.  You could check with your instructor about that.  Follow the instructions in this Guide to contact your instructor: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?.

Hopefully this info will be useful to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!

Hey thanks for the response! The courses themselves are published and the due dates are there when I click on the modules tab. I should have added this earlier but I have attached a screen shot of my calendar. 

0 Kudos

Hi again, @willcfn_14 ...

Apologies for a bit of a delay in replying.  I've been traveling to visit family.  Thanks for sharing that screen shot.  When you are in your Canvas Calendar, are you able to click on those gray boxes next to the course names on the right side of your screen?  Each course should have a unique color when you click on those boxes.  Here's my own view as an example:

Screenshot 2022-08-13 123500.jpg

This is the Guide that relates to what I've described above...which you may have already tried:

How do I filter the Calendar view by course as a s... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

If you are still unable to click on the gray boxes to enable each course color, then you may need to reach out to Canvas tech support.  You can do that via your "Help" menu on the left-hand global navigation menu in Canvas.

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Keep us posted on all of this...thanks!

Well that did the trick. Thank you so much for helping me out with this!