cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda-johnston
Community Member

Clear Student Attempt on Quiz

Jump to solution

How do I clear a student's attempt on a quiz that allow them to re-take the quiz?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @linda-johnston  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Depending on which version of the Quizzing engine you are using...either the old/legacy/current version or the new Quizzes.Next version, you can check out either of these Guides:

Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15038-4152790671 

I hope this will help, Linda.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @linda-johnston  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Depending on which version of the Quizzing engine you are using...either the old/legacy/current version or the new Quizzes.Next version, you can check out either of these Guides:

Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15038-4152790671 

I hope this will help, Linda.

View solution in original post

Well it did not help at all!!!! I will not email again.

Sent from my iPhone

Hello  @linda-johnston ...

I am sorry to read that the Guides I provided did not help.  Can you please provide some additional information on what didn't work for you?  If you could provide as much detail as possible (without revealing any sensitive student data), that would be helpful.  Ultimately, it may be that you will need to contact the Canvas Help Desk staff so that they can log in to your course to try and help.  The vast majority of people here in the Canvas Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course in question, so it would be difficult for us to help troubleshoot without seeing a screen shot or two.

Hi  @linda-johnston 

@chofer  gave you accurate information.

In Canvas, you cannot clear a student's quiz attempt; however you can give them another attempt and the highest score is what will be recorded in the gradebook. Even if the quiz is closed to all other students, you can set it to just open for the specific student's new attempt. All of this is done through Quiz Moderation, and the link Chris provided will take you to the guides that tell you how to make this happen.

Kelley