Competency ACR type

Jump to solution
c_downham
Community Member

Hi All, I am hoping someone can help, we are trying to streamline our Assessment Competency record that we currently complete using a no submission assignment. Ideally, we would like the overarching complete to not trigger unless the rubric is completed as currently this overrides and so the rubric can be missed (which has the assessment competency details). 

How have you been able to complete this inside of canvas or do you complete outside of canvas?

Please note we do not have outcomes set up or use quizzes etc, All our assessment tasks are completed via a document submission.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

What I would do is not use the rubric for assignment grading, which makes marking the competency assessment as complete a step separate from evaluating a student's work via the rubric. Students can still see the rubric assessment linked from the Grades page even if the assignment is not yet marked complete. Though they will not receive a notification for feedback via the rubric, that could be ameliorated by posting an announcement reminding students to check the rubric for feedback.

Rubric not used for assignment gradingRubric not used for assignment grading

I’m going to mark my response as a solution, but there can be more than one. I hope our colleagues here in the Community can share other helpful options.

View solution in original post