Copy Outcomes

Jump to solution
WendyBollhoefer
Community Member

I created outcomes (in a group) and rubrics for one course.  How do I copy those outcomes (in a group) and rubrics to another course in Canvas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @WendyBollhoefer ...

All of this should be possible.  First, you'll want to log into your "English 2" course (the one with the red course card image you've shown in your attached screenshot).  Then, you'll want to use the following Guide:

How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

During these steps, you'll want to indicate where the content (outcomes and rubrics) currently live.  I like to think of this as the "source" course.  The "destination" course, as I like to call it, which you are already logged into is where the content will be going to.

When you get the option to select the content, you'll see a "Learning Outcomes" folder.  You can click on the arrow next to it to expand the list, and then you can select an entire folder (group) of outcomes that you want to copy from the "source" course to your "destination" course.

The same holds true for rubrics.  Find the "Rubrics" folder (just above the "Learning Outcomes" folder), and then you'll be able to select any of the rubrics that you want to bring over to that course, too.

I hope this will help to answer your questions.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes