Copy material

Jump to solution
lriley2
Community Member

How can I access previous semester's courses?

How do I copy material from a previous semester to my current semester?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @lriley2  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.

First, you should be able to see your past courses via your "All Courses" screen.  How do I view all my Canvas courses as an instructor?

Second, you can copy/import course content from one course to another via the Course Import Tool.  As you are importing course content from course to course, you will want to be logged into the course where the content will go to (not where the content currently resides).  Think of this it as your "source" and "destination" course.  You'll want to log in to your "destination" course, and then select the "source" course during the import process.  Here are a couple Guides that will help you along the way:

Finally, you may be interested in checking out the new "Direct Share" feature that is included in the up-coming Canvas Release Notes (2020-01-18)...which gives additional ways to copy individual items from course to course or to share items with others at your school.  Additional information about this can be found at Canvas Release: Direct Share and in this ScreenCast: .

I hope this information will be of help to you, Larry.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes