Copying a Quiz Linked to a Question Bank

Jump to solution
jbielecki
Community Participant

I'm afraid I'm really confused about question banks. What confuses me is where they are located. For example, if I have a quiz that pulls from a question bank in one course and I copy that entire course, does the question bank also automatically get copied, or is the copied quiz now linked to the original course's question bank? From my experience, I suspect that each course ends up with its own bank.

What I want is to have ONE question bank (in my sandbox course) that different courses' quizzes pull from, but I don't want to have to re-create each quiz. Can I do this by copying everything in a course EXCEPT the question bank? I'm afraid that if I do that, the copied quiz -- rather than being linked to the bank in the original/sandbox course -- will no longer be linked to any bank. 

P.S. I think the problem may be that my institution doesn't offer the ability to do "sections" within a course. 

P.P.S. I don't know if I'm using old or "New Quizzes." I think it's still the old version, but how can I tell?

0 Likes
1 Solution
langlangcat
Community Contributor

If you are using Classic quizzes, yes, each question ends up with its own bank. any editing or addition/deletion in the question banks of the copied version will only affect the copied version.

If you are using New Quiz item banks, all the item banks are saved under your user account rather than course-specific locations, each item bank does stay as one bank, you should able to pull questions from it to create quizzes for different courses. 

View solution in original post