Copying a completed table

Jump to solution
MichaelElliot
Community Member

I am trying to copy a table that is used for my syllabus. When I copy it in I lose all the formatting. I have seen other teavhrs sites and it has a table that is formatted ncely. How can I do the same without manually filling in the contaents into a table

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@MichaelElliot …

I could be wrong, but I’m not sure that copying/pasting a table from one page to another is going to work.  What might work better is to go to the HTML side of the page, find the code specific to the table, then copy all of that, and then paste it into another page (or wherever you want to make another table).  I do recognize, however, that not all people are comfortable with HTML, and so this might not be the best option.  Are you open to just using the table tool within the RCE (Rich Content Editor) to make a new table on your page?  That might be the cleanest way to go…so that you aren’t having to work with HTML.  Oh…and I just had another thought….what if you edit the page with the table in it and then click on an outside border of the table.  Do you see some small selection squares around the table?  If so, you might be able to press Ctrl+C to “copy” the table.  Then, place your cursor where you want to paste a copy of the table, and then press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.  This might paste in your table again on your page.

Hopefully one of these options might work for you.  Let Community members how we can be of further help to you.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes