Course Customization ?

Jump to solution
AngelinaJones
Community Member

This year's canvas layout is completely new it seems. I cannot edit the color or names of any o my courses and I can't favorite/unfavorite courses. Canvas is a main component of my day-to-day life and it is important to me to color coordinate and give my courses simple names to stay organized. I was wondering if there was a way to revert to when I could do these things or any solution. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@AngelinaJones Sorry you are running into issues making Canvas more custom.  I am not aware of any changes made by Canvas that would block any of those abilities.  I just tested and am still able to do all of them at my institution.  I recommend making sure you are on an up-to-date browser and if using Chrome, try clearing your cache.

Guide on which browsers work for Canvas:

What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products? 

How to clear your cache:

Clear cache & cookies - Computer - Google Account Help

If neither of those help, you may want to check with your school's IT support to see if they have made customizations to Canvas that are blocking those abilities.  Every school can add custom code to their Canvas to make it unique and only allow certain actions so maybe your school has done that.

Good luck!

-Nick

View solution in original post