Courses missing from student dashboards

Jump to solution
amandanobrega78
Community Novice

I signed up for an observer/parent account, added both my children and can see the sunshine state quiz courses for both of them and the science course that my daughter was in before schools closed. I do not see the distance learning courses for either of them. How do I add those courses? This was the reason I made a parent observer account. I am also a teacher, can I add them to my teacher account instead of a parent account? I would appreciate any help in solving this situation. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Amanda -

I think it's smart to have your roles as separate accounts. That way, you can "teach" when you're in your account, and you can "coach/parent" when you're in the Observer account. I think you'll like the separation a lot, especially when observing multiple students.

If you look under "all courses", is that new course available to you? If it's listed, you can add a star to favorite it. If it's not listed, do your children see it? If no to both, there's a chance that it's not yet available. If it should be available, I would recommend reaching out to your district's Canvas Support by submitting a help ticket. (How do I get help with Canvas?‌)

View solution in original post

0 Likes