Created Course as Teacher, Then Enrolled As Student to See What They See Cannot Get Back In. HELP!

Jump to solution
PatricePerry-Ri
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I created a course as a teacher. Then, I enrolled as a student with the same email address to see what students see. Now, I have not been able to get back in and edit the course as an instructor. Since I am (or that email was) the Admin in Canvas for Teachers, it won't let me edit the course anymore. HELP! I have already tried to add another email address to the "Student" profile that Canvas won't let me escape from. However, it won't allow me to delete the "admin" email from the profile as it is considered the "default" email address. 

We did so much work on the course. Please help. Is there not someone from Canvas we can contact who can go in and correct issues like this for us?

We were trialing this to see if we wanted to purchase software.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @PatricePerry-Ri

Thanks for posting your question! I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling to log back in to your course as a teacher! I just double checked your profile and I updated your role as Teacher in the two courses listed in your profile. In future, you can use the Student View feature to view your course as a student. Check out  How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

Hopefully this helps! If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks! 

- Allie 

View solution in original post