Creating A Module

Jump to solution
roman_castillo
Community Novice

Hello.  I'm trying to complete a course titled "Growing With Canvas".  I have completed Module 2.10.  At the moment, I'm at 2.11 (Try Creating Modules).  I am stuck with this assignment because I cannot see/find the button to create a module (the plus sign & the word module).  For some odd reason, I cannot see Instructor View as well.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @roman_castillo  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

In order to create a module, you must be enrolled in a course as a teacher (other roles have this permission too, but not students). If you are taking "Growing with Canvas" you should have been provided with what we call a "Practice Classroom", one in which you are enrolled as a teacher. You would find this classroom in your Courses list. Learn how at How do I view all my Canvas courses as an instructor? 

At some schools you might have the permission to create your own courses and could create your own sandbox. This guide will show you how https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12819-415241327

Otherwise, you will need to contact whomever is managing the Growing with Canvas course you are taking.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes