Creating an Instructor Page

Jump to solution
daniela_aguado
Community Participant

Hello Canvas Community!

Is there a third party LTI out there that creates an Instructor page based on the Teacher enrollment of a course? This would take all the users with Teacher role and create a page with that particular teachers' Canvas profile.

If there is such a tool out there please let me know. This will reduce the burden of manually creating "Meet Your Instructor" pages. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @daniela_aguado 

Part of me wants to be snarky and say something along the lines of, "you only need to create a 'Meet your Instructor' page once, then it can be easily copied anywhere else it is ever needed." But I will play nice 🙂 I created my first Meet Your Instructor page more than 20 years ago, I copy it and use it where ever, simply updating as needed. That is the part that worries me, I update my page for every use, but I seldom update my Canvas Profile. I worry that if those pages were auto-generated from the profile, they would never be updated.

I do see some validity in this idea in regards to creating something like a faculty directory for a school; but still, I have concerns about currency.

I don't know of any such LTI, but you could create a new Idea Conversation in this community to ask for that improvement (sic) in Canvas functionality.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes