Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahWebb1

Creating quiz, with multiple correct answers.

Jump to solution

I am creating a quiz, with the intent to use it as a student survey. The issue I am facing is that the questions require a "correct" answer, however each selection that I am entering is essentially correct. 

Is there a way to make the system recognize that each answer is correct? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! When using multiple-choice questions (rather than multiple answers) in Classic Quizzes, the students are then limited to a single answer. The "correctness" will never be seen by the student if you select ungraded survey or graded survey.

How do I create a survey in my course? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @SarahWebb1 ...

The weird thing about Classic Quizzes is that you still have to mark an answer as "correct" even though surveys, by design, do not normally have "correct" answers.  If all your questions had multiple answers (a.k.a. multiple choice), I suppose you could just create multiple choice questions with multiple correct answers and then check all of the responses.  But, since it's a survey...that really doesn't/shouldn't matter.

How do I create a Multiple Answers quiz question? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! When using multiple-choice questions (rather than multiple answers) in Classic Quizzes, the students are then limited to a single answer. The "correctness" will never be seen by the student if you select ungraded survey or graded survey.

How do I create a survey in my course?