cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber_hainline
Community Participant

Crosslist Before or After Student Enrollment File Begins?

I have a teacher asking to have 3 courses filter into one course. If I crosslist them, should I do this before the student enrollment file has started through Pulse or wait until after it has started syncing? I want to make sure kids get filtered correctly. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @amber_hainline ...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered for several months.  I'm not sure what Pulse is, but I assume that is your school's SIS (Student Information System)?  We use Banner as our SIS, and if we cross-list courses together, Canvas still knows where to enroll those students based on our enrollment files from Banner.  So, I assume that things should work properly for you...even after you have cross-listed courses together.

One way to confirm this would be to test out things in your school's "test" environment.  Assuming that you are a Canvas administrator at your school, you could log in to your school's "test" environment and try out the cross-listing scenario that you describe to make sure things work the way you want before you perform those same tasks in your "production" environment.  How do I access the Canvas test environment as an admin?

I hope this info will be of some help to you, Amber.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.