Left justify gradebook columns

Jump to solution
NormanNovotney
Community Member

Please left justify the gradebook columns....there is a lot of wasted space, and I have a lot of columns! Dragging the column to be narrower, keeps this wasted blank space in EVERY column.  It appears it is reserved for displaying the eyeball icon.  However, make it so that if the eyeball is not present, that space is not used.  In other words, right shift the column text only whenever an icon needs to be shown.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @NormanNovotney ...

This sounds like you are requesting a change to how Canvas works with respect to the Gradebook.  I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but there is a separate place here in the Community website where you can make suggestions for enhancements to Canvas.  This is the "Ideas and Themes" space.  You can read more about how the idea process works and how to create your own idea by taking a look at the links under the heading "Ideas and Themes": Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).

I know this isn't a direct answer to your question, but I hope the link I've provided you will give you a start on how to create your idea so that it might be evaluated down the road.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes