Customize To Do List Sections

Jump to solution
rmatz1
Community Member

I teach a course that is co-taught by 5 teachers with 130 students total. We have divided our students into sections, so they remain in the larger class but also have a section assigned to them. I would love to see ONLY my section of students on my grading to do list. Is this possible? Or, does anyone have suggestions of a better way to organize this? 

We do mix the kids up occasionally so taking them out of the main class won't work unfortunately. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @rmatz1,

You can definitely do this.  You'd want to follow the  How do I limit a user to only interact with other ... - Instructure Community - 1211  guide to change set each teacher's enrollment to limit it to the section.  Depending on your Canvas permissions, you may be able to adjust this yourself, or you may need to have your school/institution Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education) areas doit for you.  I'll also add one caveat that there may be local restrictions or things (especially syncs to/from a student information system) that would make this option completely unavailable, but those are really external limitations not ones within Canvas itself.

I hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes