Customize the language that goes along with a file attachment

Jump to solution
slavrenz
Community Explorer

I rely heavily on Canvas quizzes, but for some of the more intensive computational questions, I've found that it's easier to simply have students send me a photo of their work within a few minutes of submitting their quiz answers.

When I get these photos, scans, etc., I attach them to the quiz so that they don't get lost. However, when I upload the file and hit submit, the comment section auto-populates with "Please see attached files."

Students get super-confused by this, because the attachment is what they sent to me already, and they're thinking that I'm asking them to look at something (I am not...I just want to keep the image of their work together with their virtual quiz).

Is there a way for me to customize or remove this "Please see attached files." language?

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @slavrenz 

You cannot change the wording associated with attachments in the comments section.  Rather than having the students just send you the photos, why not simply create another assignment for them to use to submit them, which is due within a few minutes after they complete the quiz?  Then the submissions would be saved under the students' names, along with the time they submitted, etc.

View solution in original post