Dashboard Links Not Working

Jump to solution
SierraArmstrong
Community Member

I have my canvas dashboard set up in the "list" view. This means all of my assignments and announcements are listed by the due date (or post date for announcements) like one big to-do list. All of the assignments and announcements are linked to the full page for them if that makes sense.

So for example when I click on the link for "Paper #2" it should bring you to the full submission details page for that paper. 

Now, when I click the link to something instead of bringing me to the assignment or announcement it just brings me to the class's home page. My classes aren't set up so that assignments are easy to find, so sometimes I spend 20 minutes searching for the assignment when it should just bring me straight to it. You can see why I'm annoyed 😞

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried searching

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @SierraArmstrong 

I'm sorry to hear about the links not working! If the assignment is linked, it should take you there unless the assignment was changed on the instructor's end. This may take some looking into, so may be worth contacting our Canvas Support hotline. 

In the meantime, I would recommend you try clearing your cache and cookies. Our Guide for How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? will walk you through the steps for this. 

Please don't hesitate to reach back out! 

View solution in original post