Delete a Redirect

Jump to solution
Mary-LynnGlenn
Community Member

I have old redirect links that I would like to delete. I have removed them from student view, but I want to permanently delete them. I went under App Configurations for Redirect, but I do not have the option to delete the links. I have designer and instructor access. The far right icon in the photo does not give me editing/deleting options.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@Mary-LynnGlenn -

I ran into the same issue at my institution, and found out that your Canvas admins control that option.  So they have it turned off so that you cannot delete the redirect like the literature says.  To make matters worse for me, (not sure if it is Canvas or my institution), but there are no more integrations available to me for any of my courses.

I would talk to your admins about whether or not they will turn the delete functionality back on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @Mary-LynnGlenn ...

I'll just add to what @Ron_Bowman correctly stated.  When you see the "i" icon (and probably the padlock symbol on the left-hand side of that row as well), that means that your Canvas administrator has installed the LTI at the Canvas account level so that it is available for all courses in the account or sub-account.  You cannot remove those on your own in your courses.  Once it is removed at the account level, it is removed at the course level for all courses in that account.  (Some people may still want those re-direct links...some may not.)  If you see the cog wheel icon instead of the "i', that means the LTI has been installed at the course level, and it can be removed by you.  A good illustration of this is the example under the "View Locked App" heading in this Guide:

How do I manage external app placements for a cour... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Read the description under the image as well.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post