Deleting Student Submissions

Jump to solution
jonathanrfrishm
Community Member

I realize this has been discussed to an extent before, but I believe this should still become a feature. There are certain moments when it is convenient for the teacher to be able to do this. For instance, I published an assignment before realizing I had not set it as a group assignment. A student submitted another class's assignment to my assignment before I attempted to make the change, and now I can no longer fix it. I cannot unpublish the assignment either, so making a duplicate assignment will result in mass confusion from the students and an explosion of notifications and inbox messages for me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jonathanrfrishm ...

You may have already seen this, but there was an Idea that I submitted back in 2011 (yes, it's been several years) that is related to your request.  (In reality, it wasn't my original idea..as I had brought someone else's idea over from a past Canvas Community discussion board.)  You can find it at:

[Assignments] Move or Delete Incorrectly Submitted... - Instructure Community - 364770 (canvaslms.co...

With that being said, this Idea has been "Identified" as part of a larger Theme called:

Make account configuration more flexible through n... - Instructure Community - 552709 (canvaslms.co...

...which was created at the end of January 2023.

I'd encourage you to follow both the original Idea that I created as well as the associated Theme so that if and when the Theme becomes open for voting, you can participate in that process.  I, for one, would be eager to vote for this...even if the original idea wasn't my own.

Please review the Guides under the heading "Ideas and Themes" at this link...as they detail the idea process.

Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I hope this will be helpful to you.

View solution in original post