cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfryer
Community Member

Discussion Board Word Counting Feature

Jump to solution

Hi team. I'm hopeful that you have a way to add a word-counting feature to discussion boards. Can you please advise where to find this so that grading essay discussions can be done more efficiently? - Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @jfryer   and welcome to the Canvas Community! You'll find that idea open for voting at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3454-word-count-for-speedgrader-docviewer-grading , so please continue the conversation there.

In addition, after reviewing the Be You section of What are the Canvas Community guidelines?‌, please edit your profile so your first and last name display rather than initials. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @jfryer   and welcome to the Canvas Community! You'll find that idea open for voting at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3454-word-count-for-speedgrader-docviewer-grading , so please continue the conversation there.

In addition, after reviewing the Be You section of What are the Canvas Community guidelines?‌, please edit your profile so your first and last name display rather than initials. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
costwink
Community Participant

We also have this/a similar request.  We see that users have a word count when composing a discussion board - but that number is important for the faculty member as well.  If, for example, I assign a discussion post of 300 words or more - it is great that the students see the count to make sure they meet that requirement.  I must also see that number, however, as the instructor in order to grade properly.  It would be great to see this number in SpeedGrader but I'd also like to see it on the discussions themselves.

jfryer
Community Member

Thank you for commenting, Christopher. I will continue to request this, as it is imperative in order to better support both faculty and students.

jfryer
Community Member

Thank you for responding Stefanie, but I still do not see the feature implemented?