Discussion Post Notification Error

Jump to solution
nstar343
Community Member

Hello everyone, I am a student. I just had a few questions about discussion post notifications. Every time my teacher posts a new discussion I am not getting a notification. And when students reply to my posts on the discussion board I don't get a notification. Is there a setting available to enable these notifications or does canvas not having this setting available. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I always have to check my discussion boards manually everyday to see if there is a new post. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @nstar343 ...

Yup...there are discussion topic notification settings that you can configure for your Canvas account as a whole and at the course level, too.  Here are a couple Guides for you to look at:

You'll want to pay particular attention to the two rows under the "Discussions" heading.  You can even hover your mouse over "Discussion" and "Discussion Post" to see a small pop-up which will give you additional information about that row's settings.

I hope this will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post