Discussion Sort Setting Revert to Default Every Time I Leave Discussions Page

Jump to solution
davidjkobb
Community Explorer

Some of the recent updates (July, 20, 2024) pushed out have been nice and some frustrating. One thing I do like is the ability to sort Discussions. However, it seems like regardless of the changes you make to the way Discussions are sorted, once you leave the Discussions page, those sort setting revert back to their defaults. I just wanted to check if I was missing something or if this, indeed, is the way Canvas made it? 

Canvas people, I can't speak for everyone, but I would appreciate if the sort settings I select were kept even after I leave the Discussions page, so I didn't have to re-apply them every time I came back to a Discussion.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @davidjkobb and @JeffreyGamble ...

I saw a new blog post from @TamasBalogh today located at Meet Tamas: Our New Discussions Product Manager - Instructure Community - 610749 (canvaslms.com).  You might want to read through that and then connect with Instructure if you wanted to pass along your suggestions.  You could also submit a new idea here in the Community by following the Guides located under "Ideas and Themes": Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).

I hope this will help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes