Document Viewer

Jump to solution
SashaAfanador
Community Member

Greetings, 

I am a course grader and I am wondering how to view a student submission without opening the file?

The speedgrader view is faulty. I am trying to find another way to either embedd a code to view the student's submission or figure out what document restrictions I need to have to allow the speedgrader viewer to work properly. Any information is helpful! 🙂 

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @SashaAfanador 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with the speedgrader. You should be able to view submitted documents via the speedgrader without issues as long as the file type is supported (most standard types are.) Recently, some users did  experience issues  with files not loading as they should in the speedgrader but those  issues should be completely resolved as of now. If you are still experiencing issues we would recommend you clearing your cache and cookies and/or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If students uploaded files to an assignment  you  need to  use the speedgrader to view them, or you can download them. You can download  them on the right side of speedgrader next to the file name or  you can bulk download them. But again, there shouldn't be any issues with using speedgrader to  view them - that is its purpose. 

If you have more questions regarding this issue(s) please feel free to respond with descriptive information as to give us a clear insight into the problem. We may need to speak with you directly to look at the specific issues you are experiencing as well. If so, please feel free to contact Canvas Support. 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community

Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-download-all-student-submissions-for-an...

View solution in original post