Does anybody know the detail of New Course and User Analytics in Course's Setting?

Jump to solution
kunikotakahashi
Community Participant

I found that there's "New Course and User Analytics" in Course>>Setting>>Feature Option.(OSS environment)

The description is "Show new analytics for course and user data. Data may take 24 hours to appear in New Analytics after setting this feature flag to ON. For full details, please see the New Analytics user group in the Canvas Community." But I didn't find the detail about how and where to use the feature of New Course and User Analytics. 

And according to the description, it seems a part of function of New Analytics. However, New Analytics can't be used at OSS environment. 

I want to know if New Analytics is not available in the OSS version, why is there such a feature option of New Course and User Analytics which can be selected "Enabled"? What would happen if I turned it to "Enable"? Would the New Analytics button appear?

Thank you very much!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hildi_Pardo
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi,

I'm thinking that "New Course and User Analytics" might just be a new name for New Analytics?

I enabled the feature in a course -- on the Feature Options screen it shows the full name "New Course and User Analytics" but once enabled (and it took a few moments to appear in my course menu), it shows up only as New Analytics.  I'm guessing the longer name is too long for the course menu, but that the new name encompasses more what the feature actually does.

Anyways, here is a link to the Canvas Guide: What is New Analytics

I think the option will just appear for everyone, regardless, as a default.    So it may be up to you to decide if you want to try and see what would happen -- maybe in a sandbox ??

View solution in original post